About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
Writer, journalist and cat lady.

Tuesday 9 December 2014

My mysterious disappearance explained



No, I haven't been abducted by little green men. Nor have I been eaten by anything nasty. My working life has been so chaotic over the last few years that I have been neglecting this poor wee blog.

Initially, this blog was started as an online diary during my financial crisis of 2010. Being a skint student, I decided to make all my own Christmas presents. After the festive season was over, I continued to update the blog - at that time called Make Do and Mend - for any new crafts I made.

For those of you living elsewhere in the world, Scotland has just gone through a referendum on independence, and I was heavily involved in one of the campaigns. I blogged furiously (not on here), wrote articles, promoted the cause on social networking, and my wee legs carried me all over the country to deliver leaflets.

Unfortunately, amidst all the madness of working full-time in a busy newsroom, combined with active political campaigning, Make Do and Mend got discarded to the Land of Dead Blogs.

Now with the referendum finally behind us, I am happy to bring my wee blog back to life, complete with a cute new name: The Knitted Kitten's Mittens.

And, just to keep with the kitten theme, here is a picture of my own overgrown kitten, Boris the Bengal.

It's good to be back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment