About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
Writer, journalist and cat lady.

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Ah, that's more like it

Thankfully, these are a bit of an improvement from my last creation. Just as well -would you want that terrifying bunny as a present?
I've not updated the blog for a wee while because I've been so busy with making these before Christmas. Most of the sock animals are stuffed with cotton wool, scraps of fabric and, er, old Heat magazines!
There's more to follow.

Sock cat. He's getting sent down to the Cotswalds for my cousin's daughter Cameron. I'll be sad to see him go. I've grown quite attached to him.

The very first sock cat I made. I gave him to my little cousin Rachael.

Brooches made from felt, buttons and old clothing.

Sock friends posing with the brooches. The miserable-looking goldfish was for my best friend Julie as a joke. The snake is made from a long sock and his tail rattles!

Brooch for my little cousin Rachael made from felt, lace, ribbon and a feather.

Felt 'Russian doll' coasters for my best friend Julie.

Silk bracelet and ornament. For the ornament, I decorated an empty Jean-Paul Gaultier bottle.

Mittens for my cousin Emma.

Cuff for my cousin Emma. I just cut the wrist part of a shirt I've never worn and stitched lace around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment